let's not buy

At the end of 2019, I watched a video of a girl that don't buy things. She only buys the necessary (even regarding food) and I was impressed, especially considering I was on vacation and spent more money in 30 days on (not so) stupid things than probably the hole of 2018. So right there, I decided I would do something similar.

My thought was to not buy clothes in 2020. I broke that one last week, but as I wasn't home (aka where I live and not my parents house) I let it pass. However today I read Lucy Moon's blog about her Beauty No-Buy and after realizing that I have probably 5 different face masks at my bathroom, that probably do the same thing, I decided to include that too.

So let set some rules, shall we?

CLOTHING NO-BUY

For clothing the aim is not to buy clothes. Simple as that.
I work for a clothing brand and sometimes I just buy because I saw something nice/someone famous released a line with them. Sometimes those are nice things, sometimes I don't wear them again. So let's stop that.

If for any reason I REALLY need to buy something - special event, maybe - it has to be from a thrifted stores. And it has to be the last option.

Underwear is a-ok to buy, except for pantys as I spent too much money with them last year.

Can I put shoes here? If so, no more shoes. I bought at least 5 last year and haven't worn any of them for a while now.

BEAUTY NO-BUY

No, I'm not gonna say that I won't buy anything beauty related this year, but I'll say that I won't buy anything new unless an old one is finished. Like really finished.

I'm a bit addicted to skin care and would normally buy anything new the internet said was good. So let's have some rules:

- Make-up: No new make-up unless the old one is finished and lipstick is a no no, especially as I have 5 reds that can be used for about 3 years until they are all over. I'll only be allowed to exchange my MAC empty thing-ys for a free lipstick in March and that's all. Same for eyeshadows - no more new colours. Foundation, blush, mascara, eyeliner and stuff that ends within months, finish it than buy a new one.

- Shower things: Same rule, no more buying because soaps are on sale. Finish that shampoo and them buy a new one (I can buy a new "normal" one, even though I'll probably have the other one for the dermatitis).

- Skin care: Same rule. I use normally 3 different oils/acids on my face (hydrate, oil control, exfoliate) and will buy to keep these products, but will not buy something that does the same function. We'll keep buying cruelty-free and unless I'm buying The Ordinary, will try to buy locally.

- Samples: Use all the minis I have hidden on that bathroom drawer.

- NO MORE LIPBALMS!!

OTHER THINGS

Let's just try to reduce the un-useful things I buy.

I think that's it. I can update if something new pops into my head.
Let's see how long I'll last, but I sweat to do an update every month to keep myself well behaved.

Comentários